Distribution of Your Payroll Check
The College of New Jersey does not issue paper paychecks. All employees must enroll in direct deposit, or a Wisely card will be issued through ADP. Pay statements are accessible through both Oracle Cloud and ADP. However, employees are strongly encouraged to complete their account setup and view pay statements through ADP to ensure access to historical information after their service to TCNJ has ended.
Remember to enroll in Direct Deposit through Oracle Cloud. Direct deposit enrollment ensures that you receive your pay on payday. For more information concerning direct deposit enrollment, click here.
The TCNJ Payroll Office has transitioned all employee pay information to the Oracle Cloud system. You may manage information related to direct deposits and tax withholdings, as well as view your pay information via the ‘Payslips’ module within the cloud. You are strongly encouraged to set-up an account with ADP to ensure access to pay information, even after your service to the College has ended. Please view ADP pages for more information.
On Oracle Cloud you can:
- Manage/view direct deposit information (Cloud Review End-User Self Service DirDep Training Guide)
- Manage/view tax withholding information (Cloud Review End-User Self Service Tax Training Guide)
- View your payslips beginning with your first pay for January 2021.
On ADP you can:
- View payslip information beginning with your first pay for January 2021.
- Access W2 forms (or elect to have them delivered electronically) beginning with 2020
Click to access ADP instructions.
- For self-service support related to enrolling in or modifying direct deposit settings, please view the Cloud Review End-User Self Service DirDep Training Guide.
- For self-service support related to entering or updating your tax withholding (W4) information, please view the Cloud Review End-User Self Service Tax Training Guide.
- For self-service support related to enrolling in and navigating the ADP system, please view the ADP registration information webpage.
If you need additional assistance or have questions related to payment of wages, please email email@example.com.
State of New Jersey Tax Identification Information
Box 15 of the 2020 W2 is missing the The College of New Jersey’s Employer state ID number. The ID number is: 22-2797398000.
Updating Federal Form W-4 Tax Information
Employees may view and update their W-4 Federal Tax Filing Status in the Pay section of the Oracle Cloud system.
For instructions on how to access the Tax Withholding self-service option in Oracle Cloud, click here.
See important information about IRS updates to W-4 beginning 2020 – click here
Social Security and Medicare Tax Withholding for Student Employees
The IRS provides an exemption from Social Security and Medicare taxes for students employed at TCNJ who are enrolled at least half-time at the undergraduate or graduate level. This exemption does not apply to an otherwise eligible student not enrolled in classes during summer or breaks of more than five weeks. Therefore, students not enrolled in classes at the College during the summer, but employed on campus, will have Social Security (6.2%) and Medicare (1.45%) taxes withheld from their summer paychecks.
Helpful Tax Links
- W-4 form and Instructions (click to download PDF form): https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf
- W-4 app (An IRS provided withholding estimator): https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-withholding-estimator
- W-4 FAQ’s: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/faqs-on-the-2020-form-w-4
- Internal Revenue Service: http://www.irs.gov/
- New Jersey Form W-4: NJ W-4
- Pennsylvania Department of Revenue: http://www.revenue.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/revenue_home/10648
- New Jersey Non-Residence Form NJ-165: Employee’s Certificate of Non-Residence in New Jersey (PA Residents Only)
- Tax Rates for Calendar Year 2021